Friday, September 28, 2012

Empty Nest

The parents just pulled out of the driveway on their motorcycles and they're on their way home to PA. My love is at work. Empty nest kicks in.

I hate when this happens. The week has been busy with going here and there, laughter, and way too much eating and drinking. I try hard to reflect on the good of the week, but it doesn't work for some reason and I just end up sad and tearful. Now I'm left alone with my thoughts, the emptiness of the house and the impending doom of heading back to work tonight.

I absolutely love living here in NC, but it's moments like these when it hits hard that I miss being around family. As we continue to try to have a baby, I'm sure this struggle will only get harder. I picture Sunday dinners with family or an outing somewhere to a museum or park. The only con of living here is honestly being away from family. I'm still hopeful that one day some of them will be nearer.

I'm gonna allow myself one day to soak in the sadness. So, with that said, I'm heading back upstairs to my bed with my pups. This sadness will pass as the routine of life goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment