Monday, July 9, 2012

Feeling invaded

Writing a first blog entry is a little intense! I feel like my thoughts are being invaded, but I guess I will have to get used to this feeling if I really want to continue with this blog. 


I battled a long time with whether or not to create a blog. As a person who likes a paper journal, I struggled with many questions. Is my life really that interesting? Would anyone read it? Do I want anyone to read it? Does anyone care? Will people think my thoughts are strange? In the end, I came to a realization that yeah, my life is important and pretty cool! I think that I live a pretty normal life, but lately I've realized that maybe someone out there wants to come along for a more intimate ride. Intimate? Ok, I don't know about that, but throw your hands in the air and come along for a roller coaster ride! Honestly, that's what life feels like at times, right? 


My hope for this blog is to just put it all out there and hopefully with pictures (if I can figure out how to add them). 


I love the saying, "I am perfectly imperfect" and through my writing, you will (hopefully) see that. I have my good days and I have my bad days...we ALL do. I'm hoping people will be able to identify with my blog. I'm also hoping that this blog will give me a different way to connect to my family in Pennsylvania. As some of you may or may not know, my husband and I have been trying to get pregnant since late last year. Once we have a little one, I believe this will be a great way to share moments with far and away family and friends. 


So, as you can see, I have no (real) purpose for this blog. Is that bad? Just me, my thoughts, and sharing the stories of my life...all, while chasing (two) vizslas. 

4 comments:

  1. Good luck to you and Shaun on the baby front! I know it can be frustrating, it took my wife and I almost a year, but it's worth it! Bring a little runner into the world!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jeff. It can be a little frustrating at times, but I know it'll happen when it's supposed to happen. For now, I need to stop watching Teen Mom and getting all pissed off ;)

      Delete
  2. Megs, I love that you started this! I love having my blog. I have it for the same reasons as you do. It's for my family and for myself, to documents my thoughts and the chaos that goes through my head (and our travels). I share it and get great responses, but I still get those people that bash me for a spelling error or grammatical error. Really? It's not an article published on CNN! Plus I type many of the entries from my iPhone! Anyway, I look forward to following and best of luck to you both!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lee, you were honestly one of my inspirations for starting it. I always enjoy reading your blog and I hope someone out there enjoys reading mine some day too. One of my big fears with it is offending someone or not writing in a style that people may not like. I just need to remember that it's my blog (and journal, really) and to do it the way that makes me happy.

      Delete